Plan Your Visit
Archaeological consultants may have access to MDAH’s archaeological records, including site cards, USGS Topographical maps, archaeological reports, county files and the curated collections.
Access to the archaeological search room is by appointment only. Appointments may be made Tuesday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Call 601-576-6940 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make yours.
Prior to visiting MDAH or using the MDAH GIS, consultants must have the following on file with us:
- A current vita (for everyone visiting or using the files, including the P.I.)
- A company General Statement of Purpose on letterhead
What to Bring
- Only pencils, no pens, will be allowed in the search room. No bags or containers of any kind will be allowed. They may be left in the lockers provided off of the lobby.
- All copies of materials are $0.20/sheet. Payment is due at the time that copies are made or by prior billing arrangement.
When You Arrive
- Consultants must sign the Policy on Accessing Archaeological Records.
- Receive an assigned copy number (copy numbers are per company, not individual).
- Please sign in and out when entering and exiting the search room.
- Consultants will not re-file any materials. There will be designated areas to place materials once finished with them. The staff will re-file all materials including site cards, quad maps, reports and county files.